In the years since I have come to trust Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I have experienced many emotions. In the time since Timothy and I started this ministry, to the time that Rick joined with us, to this very moment, so much has happened. I have seen life take me through many valleys, through many twists and turns, to the mountain top and back again. In every moment of every day, one thing, rather One person, has not changed: Jesus.
Through my greatest pain and despair, losing my wife and daughter, God has been faithful. Though there are moments of grief and pain, I know that God is still with me and He is still good. Today as I reflect, the Lord has blessed me to remarry and He has given me two more wonderful children. I am reminded that God is able to rebuild, redeem, and restore.
One thing I love about the Bible is the honesty and the perfect way in which it describes the lives we find ourselves living. Today, I don’t know what burden you are being faced with. I don’t know what pain you are facing or the hurt in your heart. What I do know, is that as Scripture promises, pain and will come and go but joy, through Jesus, always remains.
I can’t promise you the road ahead will be easy. I can’t promise you that there won’t be days of despair, hopelessness, anger, frustration, confusion, or desperation. What I can promise is that if you have placed your faith in Jesus, you won’t face a step alone. What I can promise is that if you do place your faith in Jesus, you will experience the hope of knowing regardless of life’s twists and turns, God loves you and knows your name.
Today, I leave you with these truths:
- Life is full of tribulation, but we can be of good cheer knowing Jesus has overcome the world. (John 16:33)
- You can come to Jesus with your weary heart and with all your burdens, He will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- Jesus will never leave you, forsake you, or abandon you. (Matthew 28:20)
- Through Jesus, we have a peace that passes all understanding. (Philippians 4:7)
- God is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
- Jesus came to seek and save the lost. (Luke 19:10)
- Through Jesus, we can come to God to find help and mercy in our time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)
- If Jesus has set us free, we are truly free. (John 8:36)
- There will be a day where we will be reunited with God in a place free from death, pain, and suffering. (Revelation 21:4)