Throughout my life God has been faithful. Over and over God has provided for my physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs. Jesus gives me strength in my weakness and His grace is sufficient for me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
I like to play the “what if” game. I’m often reminded that I can’t always control my circumstances or the world around me but I can control my actions and how I respond. I understand that the worries in life can be overwhelming and the anxiety can rise in the hearts of the most faith filled believer. Come to Jesus and cast all that on Him because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7).
Tonight it’s time for us to humbly admit that God alone can do what we are powerless to do. Jesus calls us to seek the kingdom of God and every thing we need will be given to us as well (Matthew 6:33).
Tonight no matter what tomorrow holds I want to share 3 powerful promises from Scripture:
1. In Christ we can know a peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7)
2. When we come to Jesus we will find rest for our weary and burdened souls (Matthew 11:28)
3. In our time of need, in Christ, we can boldly come before the throne of God to find mercy and grace to help us (Hebrews 4:16)
The storms of life can take many different forms. From the death of a spouse or child to struggles with addiction. Storms may be the loss of a job, health, relationship, or some other important part of our life. Storms can be physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual but most often are a combination of all those. Storms can rage physically or just deep within our hearts. Left unchecked, storms can radically destroy the landscape of our lives.
Today I am thankful of a few reminders:
1. My God is near in the midst of every trial and storm (Psalm 34:18)
2. My God has the power to speak into the storm to make it immediately cease (Mark 4:39)
3. My God calls me to Him when I am weary to cast every burden on Him (1 Peter 5:7)
4. My God calls me to Him to find rest (Matthew 11:28)
5. In my most desperate time of need, my God calls me to Him for mercy and grace to help me (Hebrews 4:16)
I don’t know what kind of storm you are facing today but I do know that not even that storm is too out of control for God to bring joy, peace, and hope. I know all this because My God is a Peace in the Storm Kind of God.