The storms of life can take many different forms. From the death of a spouse or child to struggles with addiction. Storms may be the loss of a job, health, relationship, or some other important part of our life. Storms can be physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual but most often are a combination of all those. Storms can rage physically or just deep within our hearts. Left unchecked, storms can radically destroy the landscape of our lives.
Today I am thankful of a few reminders:
1. My God is near in the midst of every trial and storm (Psalm 34:18)
2. My God has the power to speak into the storm to make it immediately cease (Mark 4:39)
3. My God calls me to Him when I am weary to cast every burden on Him (1 Peter 5:7)
4. My God calls me to Him to find rest (Matthew 11:28)
5. In my most desperate time of need, my God calls me to Him for mercy and grace to help me (Hebrews 4:16)
I don’t know what kind of storm you are facing today but I do know that not even that storm is too out of control for God to bring joy, peace, and hope. I know all this because My God is a Peace in the Storm Kind of God.